Thursday 25 July 2013

Sniffle snuffle, I appear to have something in my eye

I am very much looking forward to the next few months where Hayley, Roy and Sylvia will take centre stage, pissing all over the rest of the cast from comically exaggerated heights.  I don't think I can take much more of Tracy & Rob's conniving, David's ridiculous plotting (and everyone's oblivion), and Sophie's judgemental irritatingness, so some tremendous acting should prove a distraction, even if it will ultimately end in the loss of the marvellous Julie Hesmondhalgh.

By the way, something has been bothering me about this bookie storyline (apart from Peter accepting bets he can't honour).  Why is Carla so beholden to Rob and Tracy?  Can't she just threaten to shop them to the police for pinching the silk? That'd have Rob back in prison quicker than a storyline is dispensed with.

Talking of which, has anyone seen baby Joeke, Izzy, Gary, Tina or Tommy? So much for the emotional impact of the surrogacy storyline, eh? I almost miss Izzy's weird tear-free crying face. Almost.  I've given up on a resolution to the Dev/Karl/Sunita thing, so I shouldn't really expect anything more.

No comments:

Post a Comment